Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lemons

Lemons
My Sunny Cooking World

Great rice recipe, cooked in microwave oven.

>> Monday, September 19, 2011

Roman, this post is for you.
My two favorite types of rice are Basmati or Jasmine.
Both can be cooked using this microwave method (that was kindly taught to me by a friend eleven years ago when I was at Baylor). 








Take 1/2 cup of dry rice. Rinse it.
1/2 cup of dry rice should generate about a cup of cooked rice.










Add a pinch of salt and a table spoon of oil. I use olive oil. Cover it with water, about 1.5 inches over the rice.










Microwave for 14-15 minutes total. I like to stop after 7-8 minutes to check on how much water rice has absorbed.  You may need to add a little water if it looks too dry. Don't worry, if you put a little too much water, rice may cook slightly softer but still delicious. Every grain always separates.

That is IT!  Ready to eat.





So you asked to suggest something super simple to go with it. :)


You may want to invest into a little pot like this. I love it because I can multitask by cooking two things in the same pot. I am boiling Russian sausages and steaming green peas. 


And if you thinking to impress  a girl, of course a medical student , that is how you do it :)
She just may study muscles with you that evening.
Make sure you get rice eye lashes right, thats the key.
Hope it helps!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

Here you can find recipes that we have made at home. Most of the recipes did not originate in my head, many have been slightly changed. I post the source when I know it.

This blog is about family life, about parenting, about being kind and mindful.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP