Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lemons

Lemons
My Sunny Cooking World

Fish Filet Moroccan Style in Tagine

>> Friday, April 20, 2012

Fish Fillet Tagine
Tajine Fillet de Poisson

I must credit this recipe to Sousoukitchen
This recipe calls for green olives and preserved moroccan lemons that I omitted for one reason:
I did not have it .
(I found the recipe for preserved lemons and may attempt to make it at home, but it takes a month to ferment) 

Ingredients:
1. White fish fillet, I used tilapia filets
2. Olive oil - 3 table spoons
3. Carrots - about 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into thick sticks, or you can use baby carrots
4. Diced tomatoes - 1 cup
5. Water, about 1/4 cup



Charmoula:
1. Olive oil - 3 table spoons
2. Parsley, finely chopped - 3 table spoons
3. Garlic - 1 table spoon
4. Pinch of salt
5. Pinch of thyme
6. Ground cumin - 1 tea spoon
7. Paprica - 1.5 tea spoons
8. Lemon juice - 2 table spoons

MAKING CHARMOULA:



Mix all of the ingredients listed above in a large pan.
Your sauce is ready.


Place fish  filets in charmoula and marinate for few minutes.
Transfer fish to another plate.

Set your tagine (I used a diffuser to protect my tagine) on cook top - medium fire.
Add 3 table spoons of olive oil to your tagine. It will start heating up.
You can use regular cooking pot for this recipe, I read so on sousoukitchen blog.
Cover the bottom of your tagine with carrots.

Add diced tomatoes.

Place fish filets on top over the tomatoes.

Pou a little bit of water over the pan with remaining charmoula, about 1/4 of cup.
Pour watered charmoula in your tagine pot over the fish.
Cover tagine and let it cook for 30 minutes.
Add olives and preserved lemons and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
I added regular lemons, but I am sure it is not the same.



Et Voila!

Here is my spanking new tagine!
I love it.
The flavors of the dish were amazing.
Will cook it again and again.
Thank you sousoukitchen for sharing your knowledge.



Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

Here you can find recipes that we have made at home. Most of the recipes did not originate in my head, many have been slightly changed. I post the source when I know it.

This blog is about family life, about parenting, about being kind and mindful.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP