Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lemons

Lemons
My Sunny Cooking World

Garlic mashed potatoes. Softening Flavors.

>> Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In my household we like spicy and sharp foods. With fast-oh-so-changing lifestyle, new friends entering our lives, I have thought it is time to start working on softening sharp flavors.

GARLIC AND PARSLEY MASHED POTATOES.




Ingridients:

3 large baking potatoes
6 garlic cloves
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup of milk
salt
2 table spoons of parsley, finely chopped




Peel the potatoes.
Place potatoes in a saucepan with cold water, add salt and bring to a boil over high heat until soft and tender. While potatoes are boiling:

 Bring the water to a boil. Pour over unpeeled garlic. Let it stand for 2 minuted.  Peel the garlic.
(It's so much easier to peel the garlic this way).
I would drain the water first, of course, but I was cooking with my child, so we played a little too.
If you get distracted for an hour the garlic will turn blue :). Not a big deal, but I will be careful next time.

Melt butter (half of the portion) in a frying pan. Cook garlic for 10 minutes for very low heat until very tender and golden. Stir occasionally. Let it cool for few minutes.

 Blend garlic and parsley.
Beat remaining butter into cooked potatoes. Add milk, (I prefer using hot milk). Crash the potatoes.
Add garlic and parsley mixture.

Puree the potatoes (I use hand mixer).

 Voila!
It turned out nicely. Flavorful, yet not sharp.
Next time I will try baking garlic in the oven.
Here is my kid tasting ratatouille and mashed potatoes to critique the cooking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

Here you can find recipes that we have made at home. Most of the recipes did not originate in my head, many have been slightly changed. I post the source when I know it.

This blog is about family life, about parenting, about being kind and mindful.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP