>> Saturday, August 21, 2010
From Food Network.
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 table spoon Chambord or kirsh
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of butter at room temperature
2/3 cups of sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Butter your large baking sheet.
2. Combine raspberry jam and Chambord.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
4.Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the flours mixture in two additions and neat until moist clumps form. Gather the dough together into a ball.
5. Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls. Place them on the baking sheets 1 inch apart. Use your index finger to create depressions in the center of each ball. Fill each well with 1/2 teaspoon of jam mixture. Bake till golden brown for 20 minutes.
6. Lets cookies cool completely.