Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lemons

Lemons
My Sunny Cooking World

Clafoutis (Cherry)

>> Friday, July 30, 2010

My lovely grandma is not feeling well today. I wish I could make it better for her. I wish I could.
To cheer her up I baked clafoutis. The batter is flan-like and the dessert tastes of custard because of eggs.
If black CHERRIES are used it's called clafoutis (clafouti). Baked with any other fruit (plums are great) it's called FLAUGNARDE.



I used buttered 9 inch dish that was 2 inch tall.

You can finish it with powered sugar and use whipped cream to top it (my note).

The recipe was taken from King Arthur Flour Page. I followed it precisely.  Link to Chery Clafouti.


Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly grease a 9" round cake pan that's at least 2" deep. If your 9" round pan isn't at least 2" deep, use an 8" square pan (at least 2" deep).
2) Pit the cherries, and put them into the pan; they should form a single layer that pretty much covers the bottom of the pan.
3) In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining ingredients till smooth and frothy. If you're using a mixer, beat the liquid ingredients, then add the sugar and flour, quickly whisking to combine.
4) Pour the batter over the cherries in the pan.
5) Bake the clafouti on a lower-middle rack of your oven for 20 minutes.
6) Reduce the oven heat to 350°F, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
7) Remove from the oven, and wait 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
8) Garnish with toasted almonds, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

Here you can find recipes that we have made at home. Most of the recipes did not originate in my head, many have been slightly changed. I post the source when I know it.

This blog is about family life, about parenting, about being kind and mindful.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP